1. In addition to injury and poisoning what else do we require protection from?
2. Where are the symptoms of oxygen toxicity manifested?
3. In a reflex arc what is the correct order for: spinal cord; motor neurone; muscle; sensory neurone?
4. Name four things that can stimulate vomiting centre.
5. What four things does the skin protect against?
6. How is heat lost from the body?
7. Name the three stages of wound healing and in the correct order?
8. Briefly describe blood clotting.
Prothrombin activator formed by intrinsic and extrinsic systems, converts prothrombin to thrombin which converts fibrinogen to fibrin which forms a clot with platelets.
9. What are the cardinal signs of inflammation?
10. Name the components of non-specific and specific defence systems.
11. Describe active and passive immunity.